Currently, up to one-fifth of all consumer disputes are opened for digital goods purchases. Why does this happen? Confusion after seeing unfamiliar charges often results in end-user filing a dispute. We provide solutions for this kind of dispute for both VISA and MasterCard transactions.
How does it work? Let’s imagine a simple flow:
- The cardholder sees their recent transactions and doesn’t recognize one or more of them;
- We pass additional transaction data and immediately return a detailed response to the issuer;
- Merchant information and purchase details confirming the transaction’s legitimacy are sent to the issuer – preventing potential dispute claims.
- If the end-user still chooses to proceed with the dispute, RDR will perform an automatic refund, seizing the dispute at the pre-dispute stage.
In conclusion, by providing specific clean and easy-to-recognize data on-demand to the cardholders, we’re allowing them to purchase with confidence and solve many of the fundamental questions they would inevitably ask otherwise.
If end-uses still choose to proceed with the dispute, we will automatically refund it, saving chargeback fees and chargeback rates.
What does it mean for merchants:
- Chargeback rate reduction
- Lower customer care department workload
- Reduced fraud and chargeback costs
- Improved end-user experience