When a user adds a payment card to Apple Pay, a unique Device Account Number is generated for that specific combination of card and device. This number is used instead of the actual card number and is part of Apple Pay's built-in security measures to safeguard a user's data during payment transactions.
To locate the Device Account Number, users can access their card details in the Wallet application:
- Open the Wallet app and select Apple Card.
- Tap the card number icon and verify your identity using Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode.
- If the card number icon is not visible, you may need to update to the latest version of iOS.
- The virtual card number is displayed next to the Card Number.
- For the last four digits of the card number or the Apple Pay card number, tap Additional Card Numbers.
Furthermore, the Device Account Number can also be found in the transaction details.