Whenever a user adds a payment card to ApplePay, that combination of card and device is given a unique Device Account Number. Using this number instead of the actual card number forms part of ApplePay's built-in security measures that help to protect a user's data during payment transactions.
One can find this information in the Wallet application in their card details:
- Open the Wallet app and tap Apple Card.
- Tap the card number icon, then authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode.
- If you don't see the card number icon, you need to update to the latest version of iOS.
- You can see your virtual card number next to the Card Number.
- To see the last four digits of your card number or Apple Pay card number, tap Additional Card Numbers.
Also, the Device Account Number can be found in the transaction details.