General requirements for documents preparation:
- The total quantity of pages within one case is no more than 19 pages.
- The format of all pages within one case should be either “portrait” format only or “landscape” format only.
- All pages should be A4 size, other sizes are not acceptable.
- Acceptable file format — DOCX.
- Acceptable file size - 4MB.
- For most chargeback/pre-arbitration/retrieval request decision provision – 7 days! After shown timeframe, the chargebacks and pre-arbitrations will be accepted (lost).
- You could use the example of the document attached to create your evidence.
- Kindly pay attention to the reason code of the Chargeback, and provide compelling evidence depending on this.
- Add screenshots to the document, the links will not be considered proof.
- Screenshots must be added along with a detailed and clear description.
The requirements for most common chargebacks based on the Reason Code are provided in the table below:
|Fraud - card-absent environment|
- Visa: 10.4
- MasterCard: 4837
- AMEX: F29
- Discover: UA02
|Description, date, and time of the products or services successfully downloaded. The evidence must also contain at least two of the following pieces of information:|
- Customer's IP address and their device's geographical location at the time of purchase
- Device ID and name of the device
- Customer name and email address linked to their customer profile
- Evidence that the customer logged into their account for your business before the transaction date
- Evidence that your website or app was accessed by the cardholder for purchase or services on or after the transaction date
- Evidence that the same device and card used in the disputed payment was used in a previous payment that was not disputed
- Description of the digital goods and the date and time they were purchased and downloaded.
- Record of previous non-disputed payments.
|Merchandise/Service not provided|
- Visa: 13.1
- MasterCard: 4855
- AMEX: F29
- Discover: UA02
Duplicate processing/Paid by other means
- Visa: 12.6
- MasterCard: 4834
- AMEX: P08
- Discover: DP
- The charge ID for the previous payment appears as a duplicate of the disputed one.
- An explanation of the difference between the disputed payment and the prior one that appears to be a duplicate.
- Documentation for the prior payment that can uniquely identify it, such as a separate receipt. This document should be paired with a similar document from the disputed payment that proves the two are separate.
- Copy of invoice of two separate orders.
Canceled recurring transactionVisa: 13.2
- Any server or activity logs showing proof that the cardholder accessed or downloaded the purchased digital product. This information should include IP addresses, corresponding timestamps, and any detailed recorded activity.
- Your subscription cancellation policy, as shown to the customer.
- An explanation of how and when the customer was shown your cancellation policy prior to purchase.
- A notification is sent to the customer of renewal or continuation of the subscription.
- Proof that notice of upcoming billing was sent to cardholder 10 days before transaction.
- Proof that the services were used between the billing date and the cancellation date.
- The Cardholder requested a cancellation for a different date and services were provided until this date.
Also, there's a mockup attached below for you not to start completely from scratch.
And finally, the One advice to follow in any case:
Please, provide as much information as possible about the user below the text (screenshots of the agreements, customer's documents, proofs of using the product, delivery confirmation, invoices, etc.)